The Stomacher® Bag range has been designed to fulfil all applications from sample blending, straining and storage, including bags designed for extensive blending (processes requiring more than 15 minutes on the machine) and small samples for life science applications.
Made from high quality food grade virgin LDPE granule extruded to 65µm film thickness, our Stomacher® blender bags are designed to withstand extensive blending without tears or perforations. This provides a low cost option for sample preparation with no risk of cross contamination between samples.
All Stomacher blender bags are irradiated sterile. A certificate of irradiation is available for all bag products upon request.
Which Stomacher Bag Should I Use?
There are six types of bags available for use with the Stomacher 80 Biomaster paddle blender:
Standard bags are the simplest and most widely used bag, designed for blended homogenisation of diluent samples for most applications.
- Strainer bags are for samples that produce a large amount of debris or fat, or for harder samples such as shellfish. They contain a robust strainer element to make it easier to pipette the sample produced (pore size 0.5mm, prevents pore blockage and non-homogenous sample).
- Closure bags have a wire mesh band at the top of the bag, allowing easy opening and tight closure for storage in a Seward bag rack or incubator.
- Closure-Strainer bags combine the features of the closure bags and the strainer bags.
- Micro bags are for small volumes, and are recommended for samples under 5ml. These should only be used with the Stomacher 80 microBiomaster.
- Double bags contain a strainer bag inside a standard bag, providing additional protection from when using hazardous samples.