Whole Bacteria Isolation from Kidney, Lung, or Spleen
Instrument: Bullet Blender or Bullet Blender Blue
Sample: Kidney, Lung, or Spleen tissue.
- Cut the organ tissue into appropriately sized pieces for analysis (50mg-300mg) and place into microcentrifuge tubes.
- Add a mass of 3.2 mm stainless steel beads equal to approximately 4x the mass of sample. Each 3.2 mm stainless steel bead is approximately 140 mg.
- Add 300 μl of PBS into the tubes.
- Close the tubes. and place into the Bullet Blender®.
- Run at speed 8 for 4 minutes.
- Take out the tubes and inspect for complete homogenization of organ. If homogenization is unsatisfactory, continue processing in two-minute increments until the sample contains no large chunks of tissue.
- Add an additional 200 μl of PBS to tube. Run at speed 2 for 1 minute to vortex the samples.
Acknowledgement: This protocol was developed by Hatice Karauezuem at Integrated Biotherapeutics Inc.