Mouse Femur Homogenization in the Bullet Blender
Instrument: Bullet Blender STORM
Sample: Mouse (M. musculus) femur
- Isolate 10 - 300 mg samples of mouse femur.
- Load beads into tubes as follows:
- If using kits, place the samples in navy bead kit tubes.
- If using bulk beads, place the samples in microcentrifuge tubes and add approx. 100 µl of 0.9 - 2.0 mm stainless steel blend beads along with 6x 3.2 mm stainless steel balls.
- Add 2 volumes of buffer for every volume of beads (200 to 600 µl).
- Securely close the microcentrifuge tubes and place them into the Bullet Blender®.
- Set the Bullet Blender to a speed of 10 and a run time of 5 minutes. Press start.
- After the run, remove the tubes from the instrument.
- Visually inspect samples, if homogenization is unsatisfactory, run for another five minutes at speed 10.