Homogenization of Sugar Cane
Instrument: Bullet Blender
Sample: Sugar cane center pulp
- Place up to 300mg of sugar cane pulp into microcentrifuge tubes.
- Add a volume of beads equal to the mass of the sample.
- Add 2 volumes of buffer to the tube for every mass of sample (ex. for 100 mg sugar cane, add 200mL buffer)
- Close the microcentrifuge tubes and place them into the Bullet Blender®.
- Set controls for SPEED 9 and TIME 3 minutes. Press Start.
- After the run, remove tubes from the instrument.
- Visually inspect samples. If homogenization is unsatisfactory, run for another two minutes at speed 10.
- Proceed with your downstream application.