Homogenization of Soybean
Instrument: Bullet Blender
Sample: Seeds from Glycine max
- Place one soybean (100-200mg) into a microcentrifuge tube. This protocol will NOT work with dried beans.
- Add a volume of beads equal to the mass of sample.
- Before adding buffer, close the tubes and place them into the Bullet Blender®.
- Set controls for SPEED 10 and TIME 4 minutes. Press Start.
- Remove the tubes from the Bullet Blender and inspect the samples. At this time, the Beans should be pulverized into very small pieces. If any large pieces remain, repeat step 4.
- Remove the tubes from the Bullet Blender and add 2 volumes of buffer for every volume of sample.
- Close the microcentrifuge tubes and place them into the Bullet Blender.®
- Set controls for SPEED 10 and TIME 2 minutes. Press Start.
- After the run, remove tubes from the instrument and proceed with your downstream application.