Laboratory Supply Network is open and operational during the COVID-19 pandemic. You can find updates pertaining to any supply chain issues in this post
Homogenization of Corn / Maize Kernels
Instrument: Bullet Blender® STORM 5
Sample: Corn / Maize (Z. mays) kernels
- Place 1-2 kernels into 5ml tubes.
- Add a mass of 3.2mm stainless steel beads equal to 3x the mass of the kernels (~100μL beads for 2 kernels).
- Add 2 volumes of buffer for every volume of sample.
- Tightly screw the centrifuge tubes closed and place them into the Bullet Blender.
- Set speed to 8 and time to 4 minutes. Press start.
- After the run, remove the tubes from the instrument.
- Visually inspect samples, if homogenization is unsatisfactory, run for another two minutes at speed 10.