Homogenization of Arabidopsis thaliana
Instrument: Bullet Blender or Bullet Blender Blue
Sample: A. thaliana leaves, stems, seeds, or roots
- Cut the plant material into appropriately sized pieces (up to approximately 300μl volume of plant per tube).
- Place the plant tissue into a Red bead lysis kit microcentrifuge tube. Alternatively, place the sample in a microcentrifuge tube then add two volumes of 0.5mm zirconium oxide beads per volume of the sample.
- Add two volumes of buffer per volume of sample
- Close the microcentrifuge tubes. and place them into the Bullet Blender®.
- Set the controls for speed 8 and time 2 to 3 minutes. Press Start.
- After the run, remove the tubes from the instrument.
- Visually inspect samples. If homogenization is unsatisfactory, run for another five minutes at speed 10.