Drug extraction from brain and muscle rat tissues
Instrument: Minilys homogenizer vs Precellys® 24 vs Probe sonicator
Sample: Rat Brain or Muscle
Precellys kits: 03961-1-009 (mix ceramic beads).
- Sample: Thawed brain (~450mg) and muscle (~200mg).
- Buffer: 2 volumes of sodium chloride solution.
- Brain tissue (triplicate) Run the Minilys/Precellys at 5000 rpm, 2x45sec (15sec break).
- Muscle tissue (triplicate) Run the Minilys at 5000 rpm, 3x40sec (15sec break).
- Muscle tissue (triplicate) Run the Precellys at 5500 rpm, 3x30sec (15sec break).
Analysis was performed after liquid-liquid extraction; LC-MS/MS system. The analyte levels are equivalent. No difference involving the homogenizer is detectable