Laboratory Supply Network is open and operational during the COVID-19 pandemic. You can find updates pertaining to any supply chain issues in this post
RNA extraction from mouse embryonic tooth germs
Instrument: Precellys® 24 Dual
Sample: Developing tooth germs (soft tissue) dissected from mouse embryos (15-16 days post coïtum) and stored in RNA later.
- Precellys® kit: 03961-1-203 (ceramic beads 1.4mm – 0.5ml tubes).
- Add mouse embryonic tooth germs previously in RNA later, rough estimate: 0.75mg for 6 tooth germs.
- Add 200 μl lysis buffer (RLT+ β-mercaptoethanol).
- Run the Precellys at 5500 rpm, 2x10 sec, 10 sec break
- Purify with Qiagen RNeasy Micro kit.
Yield was closed to theoretical yield for embryonic tissues (theoretical: 1.5mg; obtained: 1 to 1.4 mg).
Typical profile obtained on Agilent Bioalnalyser 2100 following lysis with Precellys®24 and purification with Qiagen RNeasy micro kit