Homogenization of Peanut
Instrument: Bullet Blender
Sample: Arachis hypogaea
- Cut peanut into appropriately sized pieces for analysis (50mg-150mg) and place into microcentrifuge tube.
- OPTIONAL: Wash peanut 3x with ~1mL PBS. Aspirate. NOTE: This step removes some external contaminants and debris.
- Add a volume of beads equal to the mass of tissue. NOTE: 100mg ≅ 100μ
- Close the microcentrifuge tubes.
- Place tubes into the Bullet Blender®.
- Set controls for SPEED 8 and TIME 4 minutes. Press Start.
- After the run, remove tubes from the instrument.
- Visually inspect samples. If homogenization is unsatisfactory, run for another three minutes at the SPEED 10.
- Remove sample tubes from the Bullet Blender®, add the appropriate buffer and proceed with your downstream application.