Homogenization of Leek Leaf
Instrument: Bullet Blender
Sample: Allium ampeloprasum leaves.
- Cut leaf into long, thin slices of 200mg or less and place each slice into a microcentrifuge tube.
- Add a volume of beads equal to the mass of tissue. NOTE: 100mg ≅ 100μ
- Add 2 volumes of buffer to the tube for every mass of sample.
- Close the microcentrifuge tubes and place them into the Bullet Blender®.
- Set controls for SPEED 9 and TIME 4 minutes. Press Start.
- After the run, remove tubes from the instrument.
- Visually inspect samples. If homogenization is unsatisfactory, run for another two minutes at speed 10.
- Proceed with your downstream application.