Homogenization of Blueberries
Instrument: Bullet Blender or Bullet Blender Blue
Sample: Blueberry berries (flesh, skin and seeds)
- Section blueberry into 100 - 200mg pieces. This is often a quarter of a blueberry, but the size may vary depending on variety.
- Place each blueberry section into a microcentrifuge tube.
- Add a volume of 0.9 - 2.0 mm stainless steel bead blend beads equal to the mass of fruit.
- Add 2 volumes of buffer to the tube per mass of sample.
- Close the microcentrifuge tubes securely and place them into the Bullet Blender®.
- Run at speed 8 for 3 minutes.
- Remove tubes from the instrument and visually inspect samples. If homogenization is unsatisfactory, run for another three
minutes at speed 10.